To be the leading Mutual and Savings bank in South Africa, improving the quality of life of our clients through their participation in saving together, growing together and ownership of their own community bank.
To consistently satisfy the needs of our target market by offering innovative superior, inclusive investment, savings and credit solutions and better service that add value to our clients’ lives by empowering them and contributing towards their financial growth, independence and freedom.
We exist to improve and transform the lives and livelihoods of our clients by availing them modern inclusive banking products and services that benefit and empower them.
Our Beliefs (What do we Believe?)
• We believe in challenging the status quo where large corporate banks have lost touch with what their clients really need. • We believe that a bank should be owned by and managed exclusively for the benefit and in the best interest of its depositors and that all depositors should have an ownership stake in their own bank, with the ability to vote at shareholders meetings. • We believe that banking products and services should improve the quality of life of our clients and add real value to their lives and livelihood. • We believe in savings and credit solutions tailored around depositor and borrower requirements rather than out-dated institutionalised policies and practices. • We believe that savings should be encouraged through offering superior, high-yield investment and saving solutions.
Our Core Values
• Integrity To maintain social and ethical norms in all activities.
• Human Dignity To at all time treat people with respect and consideration for their unique needs, feelings and opinions.
• Excellence To be excellent in everything at all levels at all times.
• Accountability To accept responsibility for the work delegated and execute it with excellence.
• Teamwork To strive for the greater benefit of the organisation through an appreciation of the role that each employee plays in achieving the overall goals.
Key Performance Indicators
• To maintain social and ethical norms in all activities. • To always add value. • To supply solutions not just products. • To provide excellence of service. • To ensure consistency and constancy of the first three.
Finbond Mutual Bank’s identity and culture is centred upon achieving results. Finbond strives for excellence and is passionate about achieving goals. High goals are set and, once achieved, these become benchmarks for the future. All tasks are undertaken in a harmonious and creative way, constantly measuring results against the Key Performance Indicators.
Finbond Mutual Bank is not focussed upon making quick and short-term profits but sets out to build critical market momentum that will secure long-term rewards and sustainable benefits for all stakeholders. Our business strategy is to exceed our client shareholders’, business partners’ and regulatory stakeholders’ expectations and, in so doing, sustain the organic growth of Finbond Mutual Bank.
Ethics and Integrity are treated as essential core fundamentals in Finbond Mutual Bank, and not just words. Finbond Mutual Bank is committed to:
• The highest standard of service and professionalism; • Duty to protect the public, clients, depositors and the industry and adhere to all laws; • Client confidentiality; • Equality and non-discrimination; • Best interest of the clients, and • Transparency and disclosing of information in order for clients to make a rational decision.